An injury or cut in the eye? Bay Bloor Optometry offers emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care.
Whenever an injury occurs, one has a tendency to rush to the emergency room. However, when it comes to an eye injury or a corneal abrasion, the best course of action is to seek help from your local eye doctor. Our Yorkville eye doctors understand the make-up of the eye. They can properly diagnose and treat the injury. In fact, Dr. Tepperman is happy to meet over the weekend or do a house call for any ocular emergency.
Bay Bloor Optometry offers emergency services for patients (existing and new) that require immediate and urgent eye care. Please check our business hours or contact us.
Please call our office at toll-free at 844-404-8042 for further instructions.
Please note, should you be a new patient, we may require a full vision exam.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- Styes - A small, painful bump on the eye due to bacterial infection
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
- DO NOT attempt to wash the eye out with sink water, rather use a saline solution.
DO call our office toll free at 844-404-8042 for further instructions! We are here for you!