An injury or cut in the eye? Bay Bloor Optometry offers emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care.
Whenever an injury occurs, one has a tendency to rush to the emergency room. However, when it comes to an eye injury or a corneal abrasion, the best course of action is to seek help from your local eye doctor. Our Yorkville eye doctors understand the make-up of the eye. They can properly diagnose and treat the injury.
Please call our office at toll-free at 844-404-8042 for further instructions.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- Styes - A small, painful bump on the eye due to bacterial infection
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
- DO NOT attempt to wash the eye out with sink water, rather use a saline solution.
DO call our office toll free at 844-404-8042 for further instructions! We are here for you!