Our safe environment for seeing patients
With the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in Ontario, our priority remains the safety and well being of our patients, staff, and Doctors. As we are a Healthcare environment, the protocols we have in place will remain in effect until further notice. This means that everyone who works in and visits our office will continue to wear a mask. Our fully vaccinated team will also continue to practice many of the safety measures we implemented during the pandemic. We believe this is the best way to assure our patients that they can receive the care they deserve in a worry free and safe environment. Here are some of the ways we will continue to keep you safe:
- Intake forms will continue to be e-mailed to patients ahead of time to be filled out and then electronically returned, to reduce contact.
- We continue to request that patients come to their appointment alone and on time. If assistance of another person is needed, please let us know beforehand
- Anyone entering the office, including patients, must wear a mask.
- We will continue to take all staff’s temperature at the beginning of the day
- Our hands will be cleansed before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the office and at the entrance
- Optometrists and staff will continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth and nose when interacting with patients.
- We will continue to schedule fewer appointments (each appointment at 30-minute intervals)
- Slit lamp shields will remain in place.
- Staff will assist patients with their needs, especially choosing eyewear
- All Optical Dispensary services will remain by appointment only.
- “Hands free” eyeglass measurements will continue to be done whenever possible, using specialized equipment to