Our safe environment for seeing patients
With the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in Ontario, our priority remains the safety and well being of our patients, staff, and Doctors. Under the current guidelines, wearing a mask is no longer required to be worn in our office. However our doctors and staff will continue to wear a mask when interacting with our patients, and we encourage visitors to do the same. Our fully vaccinated team will also continue to practice many of the safety measures we implemented during the pandemic. We believe this is the best way to assure our patients that they can receive the care they deserve in a worry free and safe environment. Here are some of the ways we will continue to keep you safe:
- Intake forms will continue to be e-mailed to patients ahead of time to be filled out and then electronically returned, to reduce contact.
- Anyone entering the office, including patients, are encouraged to wear a mask.
- We will continue to take the temperature of any visitor to the office
- Our hands will be cleansed before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the office and at the entrance
- Optometrists and staff will continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth and nose when interacting with patients.
- We will continue to schedule fewer appointments (each appointment at 30-minute intervals)
- Slit lamp shields will remain in place.
- Staff will assist patients with their needs
- All Optical Dispensary services will remain by appointment.
- “Hands free” eyeglass measurements will continue to be done whenever possible, using specialized equipment