Our safe environment for seeing patients
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- When booking appointments, a Covid-19 Health Questionnaire will be asked, as well as at the time of the appointment
- No appointments will be permitted for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, who is living with someone that has symptoms, who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has travelled outside of Ontario within 14 days.
- Intake forms will be e-mailed to patients ahead of time to be filled out and then electronically returned, to reduce contact.
- All patients must come alone and on time. If assistance is needed for the patient, please let us know beforehand so that we may accommodate social distancing
- Anyone entering the office, including patients, must wear a mask. Gloves are optional
- We will be taking all staff’s temperature at the beginning of the day and patient’s temperature when they enter the office
- Patients will need to register in a logbook when checking in for infection tracking purposes
- Our hands will be cleaned before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the office and at the entrance and must be used by everyone upon entering the clinic
- Optometrists and staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth, nose, and eyes when interacting with patients.
- Physical distancing will be maintained by patients when in the office (> 2 m).
- There will be fewer scheduled appointments to allow time for disinfection between patients and to minimize the number of people in the office
- Slit lamp shields have been installed.
- Staff will assist patients with their needs, especially choosing eyewear, to limit contact with surfaces.
- All Optical Dispensary services are by appointment only and some services are limited. Call the office for more information
- “hands free” eyeglass measurements will be done utilizing specialized equipment to maintain social distancing
- We will disinfect every device / appliance (including eyeglass frames), and any surface that patients have contact with before use for the next patient.
- no initial (new) contact lens fittings are to be performed at this time (i.e., insertion and removal training).
- We are seeing patients every 30 minutes so each patient practically has the office to themselves in their own, safe, clean environment.